Sunday, June 23, 2013

McAllen Mini Maker Faire

During a recent trip to the coast, Griffin visited the McAllen Mini Maker Faire.

He says, "I liked that they had three 3D printers. They use special plastic line. Originally I thought that there was only white and black line, but I now know that they can use more colors than that. There was also green, clear, red, and orange.
They had lots of arts and crafts. I made a mosaic glass tile by putting glass squares on a larger glass square with heat set adhesive. They used a heat gun to set the adhesive and waited for it to cool. I saw someone making items out of silicone caulk and corn starch. I want to make a rubber tablet case with it. I made a yellow lady bug out of glycerin soap and I used it at the hotel later that night."
Griffin asks UTPA Science & Math Dept about 3D printer

No comments:

Post a Comment