Saturday, July 22, 2023

Spoon Extender


I recently bought a jar of honey grapefruit and orange tea at a new Costco location near me. It can be added to hot or cold drinks (including soda) or even used as jam. It tastes great so I have already used about half the jar of this "fruit goop". This created a new problem - my spoons are not long enough to reach the bottom of the jar.


My creative solution is to make a Spoon Extender. I welded together some square steel tubing and then tapped a hole for a bolt. Then I added a wing nut. It's like a small specialized clamp, and it should work with any type of spoon. I plan to add a rubber or felt grip on the end to protect the spoon from getting scratched. I welded the end of the handle shut to make the handle more comfortable to hold.




No comments:

Post a Comment