Thursday, June 20, 2019

Solar Power System Part 3- 2.2 Channel Speaker System

I have had an amplifier and speakers in my "lounge area" for a few years. I've changed speakers, amplifiers, and the power system a few times, but the basic set up is still the same. The  speakers I have now were part of a set of 5 that I bought at Goodwill. Now I finally have the speakers powered by my solar battery box.



The batteries are charged by the solar panel, and then connected to the amplifier, which is connected to 8 speakers. There are 4 speakers per channel, with 2 channels. I have 2 subwoofers and 2 full range drivers per channel. This creates a powerful, well-balanced sound in a small space. The amplifier is capable of putting more than 30 Watts into the speakers, but I rarely go above 1 Watt. Each of the full range drivers can handle 120 Watts. My original goal was to have a bed-shaking loud alarm clock powered by solar, but the alarm app wouldn't output at full volume and it wouldn't always turn on at the right time. 


I also added a laser indicator light so I remember to turn off the speakers when I leave the room or go to bed. If I leave it on, the speakers make random popping sounds that could damage them. The laser dot is projected onto one of the speakers. I got this idea from a hard drive light that projects onto the desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment