Monday, June 17, 2019

Cordless Power Tool Storage


After watching a video on cordless power tool storage solutions, I decided to build my own. I wanted something quick and easy to modify later. Right now, I have 4 cordless power tool systems, each with a different charger and battery type. I have the Snap-On 14.4 V Ni-Cd slide battery, Craftsman 12V lithium, Worx 20V lithium, and Black and Decker 4V(internal lithium). I want to make sure the batteries are charged and ready for whatever projects my family is doing, and keep the spare batteries from getting lost.
To attach the Snap-On and Craftsman chargers, I used the keyhole mounts on the back. All I had to do was install 2 screws each, and then the chargers slide on because they are designed to be mounted. The Worx charger is not designed to be mounted, so I made a shelf for it. Then I added a piece of wood to mount the Snap-On impact wrench and its spare battery, and the Craftsman drill. I might need to add more wood to make a shelf with a back so things can't fall off.
I mounted a power strip above the chargers so I can plug them all in.
These are all around the end of the workbench on the left, easy to access from the door into the garage. The plan is to keep the area in front of the work bench and underneath mostly clear so that the truck could still fit in the garage if we get the rest of it cleaned out.

Power Strip

No comments:

Post a Comment