Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Speaker Control Box

My "Lair" is the area under my bed platform. It's like a bunk bed but I never sleep under there because it's too short. I like to listen to music and watch Youtube videos there because cozy and dark. I have subwoofers mounted to the ceiling so the alarm clock will shake the bed above.

The box between the subwoofers allows me to disconnect either them or the tweeters. There's a piece of double sided perf board with two 68 ohm resistors, one for each input channel. This board eliminates the hum from the speakers when there's no audio being played.
 The switch is a double pole 20 amp mains light switch. It is like two standard light switches combined. 
For the wire between the amplifier and the box and the box and the tweeters, I'm using 18-4 sprinkler wire (meaning it has 4 18 gauge conductors) The subwoofers are wired directly into the box.
The switches I am using have a Loop Hole. It is designed for making loops on the end of wire, but it sounds funny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment