Friday, June 10, 2016

Inflatable Glowing Thing



Inflated glowing thing




This inflatable glowing thing is a re-make of a project I did in 2009. This was the first Youtube video I ever did on my channel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_95CTp45-U My new inflatable thing has a smaller trash bag, inflated by a computer fan (instead of an air mattress fan like the original). It is quieter and uses less power but has a higher air flow.


LED sequence (without the bag)

I added a string of color changing LEDs. I got these LEDs from Walmart, when they were throwing out the Christmas light displays. The string has 4 modules on it. Each module has an RGB and some control circuitry.
LED circuitry (one of four copies)


The computer fan is mounted in a shoebox. Last week, I used a similar setup with the computer fan to make an exhaust fan to suck away the fumes from a crayon melting project. Then I attempted to use it as a fly vacuum. It did suck the flies in through a pvc pipe, but I forgot to design a way to empty them out. The next day when I used it again, flies walked out unharmed from the day before. If I had designed it with the opening in the pipe pointing at the fan instead of at the bottom of the box, the flies could have gotten killed by the fan or shoved out the exhaust port.


No comments:

Post a Comment