Sunday, June 14, 2015

Frankenlog 3

Frankenlog 3 is a kinetic sculpture, not a robot. A slow motor moves the cart back and forth. The motor was for oscillating a fan. The motor is all self-contained with no external start or run capacitors. I kept the oscillation crank and then screwed on a thin angle iron and then used a pop rivet to attach it to a metal strap.


The cart is like the Frankenlog's foot. I wanted to see what would happen if I turned on the motor when the foot wasn't attached to the Frankenlog. It moved itself like an inchworm on a smooth concrete floor. I also tried connecting the yellow hat with a long dowel taped near the motor. When the foot retracted, it pushed the dowel up and lifted the hat an inch or two.

I displayed this sculpture at the 2015 Austin Mini Maker Faire.

No comments:

Post a Comment