Sunday, May 10, 2015

Utility Knife Blades

I made cut paper Mother's Day cards for my mom and grandma. To make them I used a utility knife. I bought new blades for it yesterday. Here is a side by side comparison between the old generic stainless steel blade and the new 3M precision titanium blade. Above that is a picture of the card I made using the new blades. The new blades claim to stay sharper 3 times longer than stainless steel. I bought a 5-pack for $1.20 at Office Max/Office Depot going out of business sale. It was a good deal because the same thing is $7 on Amazon.  Safety: standard utility knife safety rules apply. Cut away from your fingers. Don't use a dull blade. Wear safety glasses. Put something like a cutting mat under your paper. In addition, don't press too hard or the tip may break off.

No comments:

Post a Comment