Sunday, May 3, 2015

Beepy Chargemobile


The beepy chargemobile is a doorbell for my room. But I left the button taped to my door since it wasn't practical to move. It has an automotive style outlet that I often use for my portable CD player. It consists of a wooden boat and firetruck made at a hardware store kids building class. The doorbell on it is a chime from Radio Shack purchased during the going out of business sale. It has a beeper connected to a vacuum pressure meter from a vacuum sealer (a "suckometer"). It has a main power terminal block from a garage door opener. It has a front panel from a cordless tire inflater. It has a 14.5 volt(more like 14.75) .8 amp AC adapter built in under the stern of the boat. Also on the stern is the beeper. The chime is on the bow. It is held together with hot glue and nails. I made a cord reel out of a wooden building set that my Grandad Griffin made for me. The wire came with the new garage door opener but we didn't need all of it. It is meant for signals so it is perfect for this. It lets me park the chargemobile on my desk relatively far away from the door and put the button on the door. Normally doorbell buttons would be on a wall near the door instead of on the door. My parents can use the doorbell to wake me up in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment