Wednesday, May 13, 2015

DC Barrel to 9V Battery Clip

I made a DC barrel to 9 volt battery adapter. I mostly use this for 12 volts but it could connect any AC adapter to most devices that use a 9 volt battery. It would not work in some RC car remotes because the battery is pushed against the contacts by a spring on the opposite end instead of snapping on. I used a heavy duty cable with a DC barrel and a 9 volt battery clip (in the picture it's the blue part on the end). I wired it correctly on my first try. Then I wrapped it with electrical tape. The electrical tape is very annoying to work with as it eventually turns into goop and gets all over your fingers and generally makes a mess.
I built this to power Frankenlog 5, a sculpture with a fan. I'm going to display this and several other Frankenlogs at the 2015 Austin Mini Maker Faire. You will have to wait for the next blog post to see it
.

No comments:

Post a Comment