Monday, March 11, 2024

Railroad Sightseeing

 I recently took some trips on Amtrak, with plenty of time for sightseeing. It was a great opportunity to try to spot some of the things I've seen in Youtube videos about trains. I learned about "Fallen Flag" logos that are from train companies that no longer exist or were changed after mergers.

Amtrak engine with Kansas City Southern Fallen Flag in the background.
The Dynamic Tamping Express could only be seen from the train. 

Maintenance of way equipment on a flatcar.

"DO NOT HUMP"



Flange lubricator
Canadian Pacific (Fallen flag)
Old BNSF logo.



I was moving too fast to take a good photo, but if you know the logo it is recognizable.


Blue tanker.


I took some photos of the train museum at the Amtrak station in Temple.




Steam locomotive not a real panoramic photo, just two photos stuck together)



No comments:

Post a Comment