Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Repair- Dental Tool Charging Base

 My dentist knows I like to work with electronics, and sometimes will save up a box of projects for me. This was a cordless dental tool that wouldn't charge. The base looks similar to a cordless toothbrush or a cordless phone. I think it's actually a polisher.


The dentist was worried that the rechargeable battery inside might have gone bad. After examining it, I found that one of the contact pins on the charging base wasn't there.



 Looking inside, I saw that it hadn't actually broken. The plastic pin that should have been melted to secure it was either missing or broken. 


I added hot glue to secure it. 


I put it back together, and now the charge light comes on when the tool is on the base and it seems to work fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment