Friday, July 22, 2022

Clothing Ventilation Device


I have been experimenting with small semi-portable fans. The battery-powered handheld foam-bladed fans are safe, but don't work very well. Another solution would be to direct air coming from an air conditioning vent. When I was in the backseat of a car, I used a rolled up sunshade to steal the air from the front seat.  But in my room, the vent is too far away and I don't have a ceiling fan. I wanted a quiet and powerful fan with a safe cover that I could use to cool my face and as a "clothing ventilation device." I found out later someone from the Unnecessary Inventions channel on Youtube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFIrnWOq8MA made one like that as a joke and called it a Jewel Cooler. But with summer temperature of over 105F here, I think it really is necessary. Most of the designs I've tried in the last couple of years have been based around PC fans of varying quality. The duct/housing has been made from plastic jars, a paper cup, and most recently a pencil case. This latest version uses a Noctua fan, a pencil case and has a fabric cover. It is powered off of my solar power system.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment