Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Air Compressor Regulator Repair

Our air compressor came with a regulator. My dad was using it with a nail gun to fix the fence when he noticed that the regulator wasn't working. The pressure gauge did work, but the regulator kept sticking and leaking and wouldn't stay at the correct pressure. My dad turned it up to add more pressure, and then turned it off until it ran out of air. I told him he should stop using it because it isn't safe, but he wanted to finish the fence to keep out people and dogs and coyotes. 



After making sure that the tank was completely de-pressurized and safely unplugged, I removed the regulator. I took apart the regulator to see if I could figure out why it was sticking. I noticed that there was rust on the pin. I used a dremel-type bit in my drill press to polish away the rust off the tip of the pin. Now the regulator works without sticking and leaking.



No comments:

Post a Comment