Friday, December 4, 2020

Electric Soap Dispenser



Electric soap dispensers are not a new idea, but this one is unique because it is made out of an old inkjet printer. My neighbor was getting rid of some printers and saved them for me to take apart. The roller pump was designed to handle 6 different colors of ink in an inkjet printer. I washed out most of the ink residue with clean water, but there's still a tiny bit that the soap will remove eventually. I connected all the inlets of the channels together with irrigation t-fittings. 



I added a bottle to hold liquid soap and connected it with tubing from a Keuring. It has an AC adapter built in so it doesn't use batteries. Then I added a pushbutton switch. When I press the button, six drops of soap cascade from the nozzle block onto my hand.   



No comments:

Post a Comment