Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Battery Sorting System

 

I previously used boxes and plastic bags to hold batteries after they had been sorted. I also made a battery dispenser box to hold the usable AAs. But they were taking up a lot of space on my desk. So I decided to start over and make a battery sorting system. There is a tube for each category which funnels the batteries into bins on the shelf below the desk. I used a 2 1/2 inch hole saw to make holes in a strip of pallet wood. Luckily it was the right size, because the hole saw arbor was stuck and I couldn't change bits. I think the hoses are a type used for vacuums. The ridges make interesting noises when batteries are sliding through them. All the bins are stored below the desk, and I can see when the recycle bin is full and needs to be emptied. 




No comments:

Post a Comment