Saturday, February 1, 2020

Big Air Pressure Gauge

I bought a giant air pressure gauge at a garage sale. I bought it because it looked cool, but I didn't know what units it was. It turned out to be standard psi. I removed the faceplate and cleaned the glass, but I chose to leave the rust on the case.
I had to buy a splitter from the air tool section of Lowes because they were out of stock in the plumbing section.  This one turned out to be better because it had 2 female ends and 1 male end. I have the main air flow going through the straight section and the gauge on the side with the male thread. I used a small hose because the air flow requirement of the gauge is zero.
 I mounted the gauge to a shelf in the garage next to the air compressor. Now I can see it while standing at my workbench.
I used a piece of Betaduct to hide the excess hose. The Betaduct, which is a UK brand of control panel trunking, was recycled from an old AV cart I took apart at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment