Saturday, August 3, 2019

Recycled Soap #5

After our annual summer vacation family road trip, I ended up with a whole bunch of tiny hotel bars of soap. I decided to combine them with a few from previous years that I had tinted, to make a larger ball of soap that would be easier to use. I used the same process as the previous batches. I shaved them into curls, chips and powder depending on the properties of each bar of soap. Some were ductile and some were brittle. I used a knife that I sharpened with a sharpening stone I bought on the trip.
I added water to make the bits stick together, shaped it into a ball, and set it aside to dry. I am interested to find out how much weight is lost as the water evaporates. The ball of soap is 7 degrees F below room temperature, which suggests that water is currently evaporating.

No comments:

Post a Comment