Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Float Switch

Now that it is air conditioning season once again, I decided to set up my condensate system. I used a tub and a pump. Last year, I had a manual system. Every time the tub was full, I had to plug in the pump, run to the tub, and watch to see if the tub was empty. Then, when it was empty, I had to run back to unplug it. This year, I've added a float switch so that the pump turns on automatically when the bucket is full and off when it is empty. I got this float switch from Amazon.com. This switch contains a stainless steel ball and a Honeywell microswitch. It is rated at 13 amps at 120 volts AC. The color of the switch could make it dangerous because it looks like a toy and a little kid might fall into the tub trying to reach it. The bricks are to support the switch and contain any spray where the pump connects to the hose. They also manage the excess pump cord. This system is designed to refill my pond by reclaiming condensate from the air conditioner. This should keep my fish alive when it gets to be very hot in the summer.  
THE IMAGE ABOVE IS FROM AMAZON.COM
plug stack



Here is a link to the website of the company that made the switch:
https://www.sumpalarm.com/


Amazon link

Picture of switch and mounting hardware.
THE IMAGE ABOVE IS FROM AMAZON.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment