Sunday, July 19, 2015

Musical Solar Space Helmet

I made this helmet for listening to music from a broken air snow globe. (Not a water snow globe which would be glass and weigh too much when filled). For safety, it is not airtight at all. I used it because it was already cracked. This helmet is better than headphones because the person wearing it gets the best experience but the people nearby can still hear the music.
It has a new solar power bank that was a gift from my cousins. The power bank has a 4 amp hour battery that will last about 4 hours at maximum output when fully charged. I calculated that the solar panel would take about 16 hours to charge the battery. I used a connector that came with the power bank to connect it to the amp. I took the amp for a vibration speaker apart to make it smaller and because I like the look of just the circuit board. It has  a 20 foot audio extender cable attached to it.
Main circuit board
Charging in the sun


1 amp mini usb input

No comments:

Post a Comment