Saturday, July 18, 2015

Long Exposure Photography




I saw a video about photography tricks and I wanted to try some of them. My favorite camera, a Canon Powershot A570ISAiAf, works for macrophotography and for long exposure but I have not tried these at the same time .....yet. I can also use it to take videos.

I did the long exposure photography in the closet under the stairs because it is one of the only dark rooms in the house. The lampshade broke while my cousins were here but it was not their fault. The blue streaks in the top block of photos are from my new solar powerbank and the red wiggly lights are from the neon bulb on a power strip. The lines are wiggly because the light flickers. The bottom three photos were from a string of color changing lights that came with a gift card.  I use a 1 or 2 second exposure time for these photos. I used the manual setting to adjust the shutter speed. Mom didn't even know this could be done with an ordinary digital camera. I moved my camera during the photos. This is essentially like painting with lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment