I found this small, 4-inch long piece of plastic and metal when I was in college. I don't remember whether I found it on the ground or in a bin of e-waste, but I picked it up because it looked interesting. I recently rediscovered it in a box of unsorted junk when cleaning out my closet. I picked it up and immediately knew it was a useful tool.
According to Google Lens, it's a "Siemens 192-632 Calibration and Cover Screw Wrench used for pneumatic thermostats". I don't have that type of thermostat, but I do have a serger-type sewing machine (Huskylock 535D) that I got from my grandmother. The sewing machine needles need to be tightened with a 1.5 mm Allen key, but none of our tool sets have Allen keys that small. So it was a happy coincidence that I picked up this tool a couple of years before I needed it. It even has a "pocket clip" so I can store it attached to the sewing machine.
No comments:
Post a Comment