Monday, August 9, 2021

The Two-Timer


This project started out as just a battery replacement, but then I was inspired by a dad joke to make a dual timer. The goal was to convert the timer to use AA batteries, because they are easier to find than button cell types. 

I added a new battery compartment that's shared by both timers and a new speaker for one of them. One of the timers had more problems. It had a loose connection, which I had been able to fix with a shim at first. But after adding it to the project, it turned into a broken solder connection on the board. After I fixed it, it was still a bit loose so it still needed a shim. Now it's OK when the cover is screwed on.

After attaching the new battery compartment, I glued the parts to a board and added magnets so it can stick to the refrigerator.


No comments:

Post a Comment