Friday, November 27, 2015

Spray Painting Water

This is a marbling technique that can be used to create scenes that look like water. For this project I used all the cans of spray paint I had available in my shop. I wanted the largest piece of paper that would fit in my tank, so I used a pallet divider from Sams Club.
First I filled a shallow bin with water. Then I spray painted the water and the paint floated on the surface because the solvents are lighter than water. I did this outside on the deck of my shop for better ventilation. Then I dipped the paper white side down into the bin, and the paint stuck to the paper. It took a long time to dry because it was cold and humid that day. The paper curled when it dried because only one side came into direct contact with water. Framing might make it flatter.

No comments:

Post a Comment