Thursday, June 27, 2024

Solar Charging Station

I made this solar charging station to connect to my solar power system. The solar panel is on the porch roof outside my bedroom, and it is connected to a charge controller and a marine battery. I added an extension cord to reach a shelf in the hallway so that it's easier for my parents to plug in their phones.
I rescued the car plug from a parking lot and bought the switch from a Habitat for Humanity Re-Store. Having the switch prevents power from being wasted when the charger isn't in use. The light tells us that the charger is connected to the battery and power is available. It makes more sense to charge phones during the daytime when the most power is being generated, but my parents prefer to charge their devices overnight instead.   

No comments:

Post a Comment