Monday, July 29, 2024

Solar room lights

 So far, I have used my solar battery bank to charge phones, tablets, VR headset, smartwatches, power tool batteries, and power other small devices like my dinner doorbell system and my electric roller blinds. I decided to expand the system to add room lights. Even though I could open the curtains during the daytime, the light is at the wrong angle. I also need light at night.



I added five G4 type LED lights (Ryet LED from Ikea). Two of them are above my desk, and connected to a light switch next to the main light switch. The other three are above the window and have a dual level switch to allow all three or just the center to be used. Although it doesn't have the best cord management, they are attached with command hooks so they can be removed or relocated if needed. The light switch is also velcroed on. I located it between the door and the regular light switch so that I see it first when I walk into the room. The lights aren't the brightest but it's plenty of light for working at my desk with my laptop or doing VR.





No comments:

Post a Comment